Chocolate Zucchini Cake
|Posted By:||cnadavis||on 2011-11-20 13:13:50|
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup(s) softened butter
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 cup(s) shredded zucchini *
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts **
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Notes* 2-3 cups, coarsely shredded
** or pecans
DRY: Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
WET: In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Stir in vanilla, orange peel, and zucchini.
- Alternate stirring dry ingredients and milk into the zucchini mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured bundt (or springform) pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes in a 350 degree oven until toothpick is clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
GLAZE: Once cooled, combine ingredients to make glaze, drizzle over cake. Serve.