Photo by: blacksheep
Mushroom and Gruyere Quiche
|Posted By:||blacksheep||on 2011-11-19 11:18:00|
Try serving with a salad of seasonal greens.
- 1/4 lb. chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 lb. diced portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 lb. chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sliced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 4 oz. shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss cut mushrooms with onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper, then place on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until cooked and firm. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prick pie shell all over with a fork. Prebake shell for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together heavy cream and eggs with thyme, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine roasted mushrooms, onion, gruyere and thyme. Spread this mixture in the bottom of the pie shell in an even layer.
- Pour cream-egg mixture over the mushroom mixture, ensuring that all of the mushroom mixture is covered.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Reviewed on December 28, 2011 09:10 - by allisoncooks
This smells wonderful-the store only had button mushrooms but roasting has brought out their full aroma. I substituted fat free half & half and cholesterol free liquid egg but can't wait to dig in! : )