Photo by: MaggieC
|Posted By:||Ralon006||on 2011-11-14 18:18:30|
This is a traditional spanish tapa, but works great as a main course when served with rice.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. red wine
- sugar (to taste)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- thyme, dried (to taste)
- 1/2 onion
- Place ground beef, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix gently to combine. Shape into 12 equal sized meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute meatballs, turning several times, until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, over low heat for 15 minutes until tomatoes are pulpy and meatballs cooked through. Sprinkle with thyme.
Reviewed on August 22, 2012 19:46 - by bobbibouche
Can not say anything good about this recipe. I have never had this dish before, but it was not good. The sauce was very sweet. The meatballs were very plain. I couldn't even finish it.