Photo by: sammysez
Garlic Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
|Posted By:||sammysez||on 2011-01-20 16:01:53|
- 1 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. divided butter
- 1 pint(s) heavy cream
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt & pepper *
- 2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese, deli
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan/romano cheese, deli **
Notes* to taste
** can use just parmesan, just romano, or a parmesan-romano blend - just make sure it's grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2 quart or larger casserole dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Layer half of the potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Dot with half of the butter cut or pinched into small pieces.
- Sprinkle half of the garlic over the potatoes, then pour half of the heavy cream over.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheddar cheese over the layer, and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layering of potatoes, garlic, cream and cheddar cheese, then top with the slices of provolone cheese. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then sprinkle the parmesan/romano cheese over the top. (This creates a semi-hard cheese crust.) Continue baking uncovered for another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when tested with a fork.
- Serve hot. You can sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top if you like.
Reviewed on November 21, 2011 18:55 - by mrsjames208
LOVED it! This was a hit at my house of picky eaters! I will be making this again and again!