Photo by: sammysez
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
|Posted By:||sammysez||on 2011-01-20 15:29:55|
- 1 1/2 lb. brussel sprouts
- 3 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix sprouts in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. (Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly).
- Sprinkle with more kosher salt (to make them salty like french fries), and serve immediately.
Reviewed on December 04, 2012 09:29 - by lrcarp
you know it is good when the kids love it!
Reviewed on March 30, 2012 19:31 - by ZechariahsMama
My husband and I would have said that we hated brussel sprouts because growing up our mothers just boiled them, but when I found this recipe I decided to give them another try and now we have them at least once a month. I like to add about a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and a dash of nutmeg. I've even done it with a bag a frozen brussel sprouts and they are still yummy. Don't defrost! Follow the rest of the instructions.
Reviewed on October 23, 2011 13:09 - by Jeggi
My husband is a huge brussel sprout fan. Me, not so much till I tried this recipe. We were lucky enough to find sprouts still on the stalk at the grocery. Much better and roasting them made a world of difference to the taste. This is now the preferred method of preparation in this house. I can now say I'm a brussel sprout fan. Thanks for adding it!