Chicken Verde Enchiladas (Super Easy & Lower Fat!)
|Posted By:||Melaneyl||on 2011-01-18 19:59:36|
Low fat, low calorie and low carb :)
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7-8 small corn tortillas
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream, non-fat
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, diced, ethnic
- 1/2 cup salsa - verde
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce - green, ethnic
- Boil chicken in a pot of water, making sure water completely covers the chicken. Cook over med-high heat for about 25 minutes. I usually add seasoned salt and 2 bay leaves to add flavor to the chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked and cooled, shred chicken into a bowl. Add the sour cream and green chiles to the shredded chicken and mix. (Will be dividing mixture into 8.)
- Place the salsa verde into your 8x8ish baking dish, layering the bottom of the pan. Add 1/4 can of enchilada sauce to that.
- Warm tortillas in microwave to soften between 2 very moistened paper towels for about 30 seconds.
- Place about a heaping tablespoon or two of the shredded chicken mixture into the warm tortillas. Roll, then place into baking dish.
- Once all of the tortillas are rolled and placed into the baking dish, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Serve with spanish rice or pinto beans.
Reviewed on August 29, 2012 19:47 - by aprilj
That's funny (looking at the review by "roset"), I thought they turned out a bit moist for me. I would've liked them a bit drier. Crispier perhaps? With that said though, I thought the flavors were very satisfying. And I really like how easy it is to prep and clean up after. I served with low-sodium pinto beans and a few tortilla chips as a garnish.
Reviewed on March 11, 2012 20:35 - by roset
Pretty good. I used left over roasted pork instead of chicken. I actually cut back on the sauce and now I wish I wouldn't have. They came out a little dry (tortillas are like sponges!). Served with Mexican Rice Restaurant Style (my recipe) and refried beans from Trader Joes. Dinner was delicious!
Reviewed on November 13, 2011 17:09 - by msmadkids
Very good. Easy and Husband approved!