Photo by: MaggieC
Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole
|Posted By:||mavelotta||on 2011-04-18 18:21:08|
Other tasty Pasta Casserole recipes.
- 6 oz. No Yolk Noodles
- 1 Tbsp. brummel & brown
- 1 medium minced onion
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) peas - frozen
- 2, 5 oz. tuna in water, canned
- 4 oz shredded cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp seasoned bread crumbs
- optional 1 oz. sherry
- Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add onions and cook on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 9 x 12 casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined, increasing heat to medium and whisking well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil. When boiling, add sherry, mushrooms and petite peas, adjust salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 6-7 minutes).Add drained tuna, stirring another minute.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar and mix well until it melts. Add the noodles to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated. Pour into casserole and top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray and top and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Place under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp (careful not to burn).
- 8 WW PointsPlus per serving
Reviewed on November 16, 2011 21:11 - by msmadkids
This was a very good recipe. I didn't use sherry either wasn't even on the ingredient list just in directions
Reviewed on November 01, 2011 13:50 - by 00bucko
Very easy and tastes great! I used an extra can of tuna.
Reviewed on July 17, 2011 15:53 - by CropLadyVA
I was leary of this but it is actually quite delicious. I make it without the sherry.
Reviewed on June 03, 2011 06:19 - by evilelvis13
This was the best tuna casserole I have ever eaten!! So easy too. I loved it. Yummo.