Photo by: foodlvr
Cream of Potato Leek Soup
|Posted By:||foodlvr||on 2011-01-12 12:54:24|
Comfort food, comfort food!
- 10 cubed and peeled potatoes
- 5 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1+ lbs. chopped bacon
- 4 sliced leeks
- 1 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- optional sprigs parsley
- optional warmed cheesy bread sticks
- In a large saucepan (or stockpot), bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, place bacon in a large, deep skillet and fry over medium high heat until evenly browned. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings (grease) and set aside.
- Saute leeks in the frying pan with the reserved drippings 8-10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the fried leeks, heavy cream and bacon. Add salt & pepper to taste. Stir to blend and remove from heat. Serve hot.
- Garnish with parsley for an added touch and/or serve with warm cheesy bread sticks!
No reviews found!