Photo by: foodlvr
|Posted By:||foodlvr||on 2011-01-11 11:47:52|
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cup(s) milk *
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 handful raisins
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another saucepan, combine the 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg, and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.
- Optional: sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top
Reviewed on January 13, 2011 16:14 - by Melaneyl
What a great recipe! I substituted regular milk for almond milk, used egg beaters instead of an egg and almond extract instead of vanilla. I also used agave nectar in place of the white sugar and omitted the spices and butter. Turned out fantastic!!