Photo by: Melaneyl
Rotini Pasta and Turkey Dinner
|Posted By:||Melaneyl||on 2011-01-09 17:56:14|
- 1 (13.25 oz.) pkg. rotini noodles, whole grain *
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) jar pasta sauce **
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
Notes* I use the multi-grain from Eating Right
** use your favorite
- Cook pasta as directed on the package.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the ground turkey adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked pasta back into pot adding the ground turkey, pasta sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place half of the pasta in a square baking dish and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Top with the remaining pasta and sprinkle with the remaining cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with caesar salad and garlic bread.
- * This dish can be made with any ground meat or without as a vegetarian dish.
Reviewed on February 16, 2012 06:58 - by glossydossie
All of my children loved this! Two of us are vegetarian so I used vegetarian turkey and added some frozen broccoli and cauliflower. A huge hit and will definitely cook again. Easy to modify to individual family tastes.
Reviewed on January 03, 2012 10:55 - by lirpac
I am going to try this recipe, at first it caught my eye as you have the same plates and counter top as I do .. LOL