Photo by: MaggieC
Mushroom & Sweet Onion Scramble
|Posted By:||Ren||on 2010-07-16 09:46:32|
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion *
- 16 oz. sliced mushrooms **
- 1+ Tbsp. butter
- 7 whisked eggs, cage free
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- optional handful spinach
- 1 container Pillsbury orange sweet rolls with icing
Notes* or other mild onion
** About 5 or 6 large mushrooms
- Start cooking your rolls (you will frost them later after they have cooled a bit).
- Saute onions and mushrooms in 1 heaping tablespoon margarine/butter. OPTIONAL: you can toss in some baby spinach too if you like for added vitamins.
- Drain excess water before adding 6 or 7 whisked eggs. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until ready (not too dry).
- Each plate gets 1/2 of the scramble with 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste on top, and a side of 2 or 3 rolls which you have just frosted (serve warm).
Reviewed on November 21, 2010 16:09 - by JuiceQueen
Great recipe...easy to make...I could see making this one again and again..
Reviewed on November 19, 2010 22:39 - by Bellas-Bar
I used baby portobello and baby spinach. OMG was it good. I will be making this one often.
Reviewed on November 19, 2010 22:33 - by PaigeTurner
It was quick and easy, delicious, and my whole family loved it.