Pesto Crusted Chicken
|Posted By:||Melaneyl||on 2011-01-06 15:47:41|
Low fat and healthy dish with lots of flavor!
The sauce is a great alternative to your traditional pesto sauce. Not only is this low in fat, but low in calories as well.
- 1 cup(s) basil, fresh
- 2/3 cup(s) chicken stock *
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup(s) parmesan, grated, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless **
- 1 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese ***
- salt & pepper ****
Notes* I use the fat free
** cut into strips
*** divided into 4
**** to taste
- Add first 5 ingredients into a food processor and whirl until everything is well chopped and blended.
- Cut all 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts into slices - making sure they are still formed into the original shape.
- Place the sliced chicken breast into a 9x11 pan. Salt and pepper tops of chicken.
- Evenly distribute pesto sauce among the 4 pieces of chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the chicken breast. Broil on high until cheese starts to brown and forms a crust.
This dish is great paired with a Caesar salad and angel hair pasta.