Photo by: MadisonM
|Posted By:||MadisonM||on 2011-01-05 13:25:53|
- 2 bunches chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 medium finely chopped yellow onion
- 6 medium diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup bulghur, medium grade
- 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- optional head romaine lettuce *
- optional pita bread
Notes* or can use grape leaves
- Soak bulghur in cold water for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until soft.
- Squeeze out excess water from bulghur using hands or paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients (you want parsley to yield 1 1/2 cups when chopped), except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Optional: Line serving bowl with grape leaves or romaine lettuce, and add salad.
- Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
- Optional: Serve alone or with side of pita bread torn into triangles.
No reviews found!