Photo by: MaggieC
Greek Salad with Homemade Dressing
|Posted By:||Teena337||on 2011-01-05 13:03:08|
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano *
- 1 head torn into bite size pieces, romaine lettuce
- 3 chopped vine ripened tomatoes **
- 1 peeled and chopped, English cucumber
- 1 medium cut into thin rings, red onion
- 1 small cut into thin rings, green pepper
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives ***
- 3/4+ cup crumbled feta cheese, deli
Notes* dried is okay
** roma tomatoes okay
*** a Greek medley of pitted olives is wonderful!
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended, season to taste with salt and pepper if desired - if desired, cool in refrigerator while making rest of salad
- Soak red onion rings for 10 minutes in bowl of ice water to lessen the sharpness of the onion (if desired), drain and blot dry with paper towels
- Combine all salad ingredients, except feta, in large bowl
- Now toss with dressing
- Sprinkle feta on top and serve immediately
Reviewed on October 23, 2012 17:41 - by glor4444
We love this salad (my husband and I) my kids could live without it. I've had to tinker with the dressing recipe through I found it too oily tasting.
Reviewed on June 25, 2012 17:31 - by juliekeith3
This fed our family of 7 and was loved by all! It was very tasty with just virgin olive oil.
Reviewed on May 28, 2012 11:24 - by rmarquez36
Reviewed on March 25, 2012 22:51 - by Hailiesmomma
add some cooked Orzo! it is amazing!
Reviewed on March 15, 2012 16:23 - by Nona5
This is a simple recipe that is really enjoyed by our family. Will make it more often.
Reviewed on January 06, 2011 14:11 - by Ren