Roasted Zucchini Ravioli
|Posted By:||Ren||on 2010-07-14 13:35:31|
Time and time again this recipe wins over my family. Serving this meal with a hefty side portion of crisp red grapes makes it just perfect. A nice glass of red wine isn't bad either. Clean up is super easy if you use a disposable large shallow baking tray for the zucchini roasting. With practice on this recipe I have scaled back on the pasta and increased the amount of vegetables to keep this a bit healthier (I have modified this recipe accordingly). Fantastic!
Looking for more Pasta Casserole recipes?
- 1 large, shallow, disposable baking tray
- red grapes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup fresh parmesan, grated *
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. cheese & roasted garlic ravioli, fresh **
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, fresh
Notes* must be GRATED
** tortellini are nice too
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch rounds. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the zucchini in a large baking dish in a single layer and drizzle with the oil, chili flakes, and 3 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese, then season with the pepper and half of the salt. Add the garlic and roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until tender and just golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add the ravioli and the remaining salt to the boiling water. Return to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent the ravioli from sticking. Cook the ravioli for 5 minutes after they begin to float (or until warmed through). Drain, and place in a large serving bowl - keep warm, as this cools down quickly.
- Toss gently with the roasted zucchini, half the parsley, and half the remaining parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with the remaining parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Add some washed red grapes as a nice cool side dish (compliments the pepper).