Good Morning Muffins
|Posted By:||ADBushnell||on 2011-03-21 14:13:36|
Any type of dried fruit can be used in addition to or in place of the dates.
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) oats *
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. wheat bran, bulk
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1 cup(s) ripe banana **
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup(s) chopped pitted dates
- 3/4 cup(s) walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped dried pineapple
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
Notes* Regular; Not Instant
** mashed - about 2
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place 18 muffin cup liners in muffin cups, sprayed with cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Combine flours with next 5 ingredients (through salt) in large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine yogurt, banana, and egg. Add to flour mixture stirring just until moist. Fold in dates, walnuts, and pineapple.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle evenly with flaxseed.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Calories - 186, Fat - 4.4 g, Protein - 4.2 g, Carb - 35.2 g, Fiber - 3.4 g