Healthier for the Heart Macaroni Salad
|Posted By:||Ren||on 2010-11-29 14:41:43|
I really dislike mayonnaise, but often realize I'm passing up great dishes that call for it, so I've learned to substitute light sour cream instead for a tasty and healthy alternative.
- 1 16 oz. pkg. small elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- optional diced sweet onion *
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley, fresh
- 4 Tbsp. light sour cream
- salt & pepper **
Notes* to taste
** to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender - about 8 minutes - drain, and rinse w/ cold water and drain again. Set aside to cool.
- Add oil to macaroni and toss.
- Mix rest of ingredients together first, then add to macaroni and toss.
- Chill and serve.