Photo by: MadisonM
Lower Fat Waldorf Salad
|Posted By:||MadisonM||on 2011-03-07 13:59:12|
By using plain low fat yogurt or light sour cream instead of mayo, you don't lose your flavor, but you lose the fat calories!
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced red seedless grapes
- 1 medium cored and chopped Fuji apples
- 3 Tbsp. plain lowfat yogurt OR lowfat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sour cream (or yogurt) and the lemon juice.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
- Mix in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce.
Reviewed on February 28, 2012 19:40 - by rcmccreary
Fantastic! I also added raisins. I used some mayo, instead of sour cream or yogurt. I was generous with lemon juice, to keep the apples from browning. It was a little lemony, so I added a Tblsp. of Sugar. I made lots. I probably quadrupled the recipe. Which was good for leftovers. I have never felt like a real chef before. Make sure you add this to your menu planner. The mayo was so little, it was hardly noticable!!
Reviewed on July 25, 2011 22:00 - by Natassia
I used the low-fat yogurt and this was absolutely delightful! I am not a big picnic food (potato salad, mac salad etc ) eater, because I don't like mayo.. so I am awful when it comes to family cookouts/picnics. Now I finally have something to take that I can enjoy as well! thank you for this great recipe!