Grilled Steak Diane
|Posted By:||Ren||on 2010-10-28 14:58:32|
This is another favorite of mine passed down to me from my mom. Although Steak Diane is traditionally pan fried which is delicious too, I prefer the filet grilled (medium) and then drizzled with the classic Diane sauce. The flavor of this dish is incredible. I always serve this meal with plain baked potatoes, as there is plenty of sauce to give your potato a little extra kick too.
- 1 lb+ filet mignon steak(s)
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 8+ oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1+ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1+ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- optional baked potato
- Trim off excess fat from steak, then score remaining fat.
- Sprinkle pepper over both sides, rub in well.
- Grill steak to preferred doneness.
- While steak is on the grill, melt butter in frying pan. Stir in mustard, mushrooms, and onions. Saute 10 minutes or until onions are soft. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and parsley; remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce over steak (and potato if serving w/ potato) and serve immediately.