Photo by: Isha445
|Posted By:||Isha445||on 2011-02-28 20:30:08|
Banana Muffins just like grandma use to make them!!!
- 4 whole pureed bananas
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup(s) melted butter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and butter together and set aside.
- In seperate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients all together!
- Pour into greased muffin tins, 3/4's the way full, and bake in the oven at 350F for approximately 20 minutes.
- *Adding extra bananas makes the finished muffins more moist so if you have another banana kicking around go ahead and throw it in the batter!
- *These are much more flavourful the next day, and they freeze nicely too.
- *Also, if you like walnuts, you can throw a handful of those in there as well for some flavour and texture, or try adding chocolate chips :)
Reviewed on June 11, 2012 10:14 - by Isha445
Thanks everyone and I have made them into cup cakes before by adding a 2 tbls of vanilla extract with one of two toppings I tried a cream cheese icing and I also did a brown sugar and walnut topping to make it into a crumble they turned out great if anyone has any other ideas please feel free and pass along I love trying new things with my recipes :)
Reviewed on June 11, 2012 10:02 - by Danie0677
If you like this one I can share one I found, Banana and Cream of Wheat Muffins. :P
Reviewed on October 16, 2011 05:10 - by mcoleman
These banana muffins are light (not dense), very moist and DELICIOUS!!! I made them for the first time last night and they're a HUGE hit with my family!
Reviewed on March 21, 2011 18:15 - by Ren
Made these muffins for my guests for "breakfast part 1" and it was a hit with adults and kiddos both. I liked how fresh these tasted. I will definitely make these again. Perhaps I could dress them up as a dessert with an iced topping or crumble?