EASY Mexican Corn & Black Bean Salad
|Posted By:||CuriousJ||on 2011-08-11 07:41:27|
This is a festive and delicious last-minute salad that goes great with Mexican food, or double it and bring to your next potluck! You can also serve it as a gourmet salsa with chips, or as an ingredient in tacos or burritos. Leftovers? Add it to your next batch of homemade chili.
- 1 can rinsed and drained corn (15 oz.)
- 1 can rinsed and drained black beans (15 oz.)
- 1/3 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Rinse and drain corn and black beans. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste. You're done!
- Optional ingredients you can add to make this even more festive: chopped red or green peppers, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, fresh garlic.