Mini Potatoes with Bacon & Brie
|Posted By:||Kitty42368||on 2010-10-05 11:20:29|
Depending on how you decide to use this recipe (appetizer vs. main course), you can serve with a generous side of fresh fruit to make this a more rounded meal.
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 10 new potatoes *
- 5 slice(s) thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions **
- 4 oz. cubed brie cheese, deli
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
Notes* or you can use 5 small russet potatoes and cut them in half width wise when they're done cooking
** or chives
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place a thin layer of kosher salt on a baking tray. Place potatoes on top and cook for 30 minutes/until you can pierce through with a fork easily.
- Remove potatoes from oven when done, allow them to cool just a touch, then slice off the tops lengthwise (discard) and scoop out the middles and save the middles in a bowl, keep warm.
- Dice and fry your bacon. Remove bacon, set aside.
- Add diced onions to remaining bacon grease and cook until soft (about 3/4 minutes). Remove onions, set aside.
- With remaining bacon grease, re-add the bacon and onions previously set aside, chopped green onions, cubed brie, and parsley. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then add it all to the bowl of potato 'middles' and stir all together.
- Dollop mixture back into each of the potato shells and serve immediately.