Vegetarian Fresh Spring Rolls
|Posted By:||foodlvr||on 2011-08-09 10:29:35|
This is actually pretty easy to make, and oh so deliciously crunchy, crispy delicious!
- 2 pkgs. spring roll wrappers
- 1+ cup bean sprouts
- a bunch chopped green cabbage *
- 5-8 chopped green onions
- 1 -1 1/2 cups pre-cooked al dente, vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/2-1 cup cilantro leaves, fresh **
- 1 bunch largely chopped, fresh basil leaves
- 1/2-1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- optional grated fresh ginger
- your favorite Asian-style dipping sauce
Notes* adding purple is nice too
** I love a lot of cilantro
The measurements above are guidelines, but I always wind up just tossing in as much as I want or have on hand. The first time I made these, I overdid the noddles a bit and chopped the vegetables too fine, so watch out for that. It's really easy, I promise!
- Mix all ingredients together (except wrappers and dipping sauce) in large bowl.
- Submerge spring roll wrappers one at a time in hot water until pliable, about 10 seconds. When wrapping, it'll almost seem like the wrapper is still too firm, but it softens up as you're wrapping. You don't want to oversoak!
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the spring roll mix on a wrapper and wrap your spring rolls.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy your delicious low-fat lunch!
Dipping sauce options I love:
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (can stir in chopped cilantro) - OR - Peanut Sauce (and top with crumbled peanuts)