Photo by: MaggieC
Smoky Double Cheeseburger
|Posted By:||Kitty42368||on 2010-09-24 14:43:16|
This isn't your average 'oh, is it burgers again?' night. This is a meal to impress.
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 oz. finely shredded smoked cheddar cheese, deli *
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. ground beef/sirloin
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 4 toasted hamburger buns, large
- 1/4 cup mango chutney or cranberry relish
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves
- 2 oz. shaved asiago cheese, deli **
Notes* = 3/4 cup when shredded
** Hard Parmesan okay substitute
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, smoked cheddar, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and pepper. Add ground beef and gently mix together. Shape into (firmly) 4, 1/2 inch thick patties; set aside.
- Saute/Grill onions (add a touch of butter/margarine), over stove or bbq'r, until tender/lightly browned; set aside and keep warm.
- Cook burger patties to preferred doneness. About 10 minutes over the gas grill medium/high heat, flipping patties occasionally works well for me.
- Assembling burger: spread bottom of buns with chutney/relish, then top with the greens, then the patties, onions, shaved cheese and bun top.
- Serve immediately.
Reviewed on November 18, 2011 19:09 - by stephanieandchris
wow! couldn't find arugula and I got kinda lost on the chutney/relish so I didn't use it, but even without those items this was a fantastic burger!
Reviewed on September 24, 2011 21:15 - by MzSarcaztic
My family doesn't really like trying new things but tonight we had these. I didn't use the chutney/relish instead of got cranberry sauce and just spread it on the buns. Everyone was quite pleased with these, even my husband who is a mayo and extra may type of guy enjoyed these. Was fast to prepare and hit the spot! This recipe is in my favorites! Thanks for sharing!
Reviewed on October 12, 2010 08:35 - by Ren
A favorite of mine as well as my friends. Fantastic flavors!