Spicy Beef Kabobs with Mashed Carrots & Lemon Gremolata
|Posted By:||Ren||on 2010-07-12 13:22:07|
A unique and tasty dish good for both casual and dressier dining occasions.
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1+ lb., cut into cubes, sirloin steak
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil
- 2 tsp. lemon peel
- 1 cloves garlic
1. In a large ziploc bag (or however you prefer to marinate), add soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper, and meat. Seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the fridge 4-24 hours.
2. Drain beef mixture and discard marinade. Using metal or wooden (pre-soak in water 30 min. if wooden) skewers, thread beef on, leaving 1/4 inch in between each piece.
3. Cook beef to desired doneness (160 degrees F = medium) over gas or charcoal grill. Charcoal: medium coals for 10-14 minutes. Gas: after preheated, reduce heat to medium and cook same as above.
4. Serve with Mashed Carrots. Sprinkle with Lemon Gremolata.
In medium saucepan cook 1 lb. peeled and sliced carrots, covered, in small amount of boiling salted water 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to saucepan. Add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Mash until nearly smooth. Season to taste with black pepper.
Lemon Gremolata (:
In small bowl combine 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil, 2 tsp. shredded lemon peel, and 1 clove minced garlic.