|Posted By:||MadisonM||on 2011-08-04 09:12:28|
Using your own mint-infused simple syrup makes this the king (or queen!) of mojitos. :0) You of course can adjust the amounts of lime juice, syrup and club soda per your tastes. I like really tart drinks, so I use a lot of lime.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2+ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz. mint-infused simple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1+ cup crushed ice
- 2 oz. light rum
- 1/2 juice of fresh lime
- 1+ oz. club soda
- mint sprig and lime slice for garnish
To make syrup:
- mix 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- when the liquid looks clear, it's dissolved and you can remove from heat and let it continue to steep for about an hour and then strain out the leaves and cool down/store in refrigerator until the next step
- you'll have extra you can save for round 2, round 3, ...
To make cocktail:
- pour 1 oz. of your homemade mint-infused simple syrup into a tall glass
- add mint leaves and muddle together
- add crushed ice and muddle again
- add rum, fresh squeezed lime juice, and club soda - stir.
- garnish and serve