Photo by: Ren
Sauteed Peaches with Angel Food Cake
|Posted By:||stephyb30||on 2011-08-01 11:26:10|
- 3 cups (= 4 medium) thinly sliced peaches
- 2 Tbsp. Amaretto liqueur
- 2 tsp cut into pieces cold butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 4 slices angel food cake, prepared - produce section
- Preheat grill to medium
- Cut 2, 10-inch lengths heavy duty foil. Place 1 1/2 cups peaches in center of each foil sheet, and top with 1 tbs ammaretto, 1 tsp butter, and 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Fold foil edges together to seal packages and place on grill. Cook 6-8 min, then transfer packs to baking sheet to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream and honey in bowl.
- Grill cake slices 30 seconds each or until golden. Transfer to plates, top with peaches and garnish wih honey cream.
- recipe adapted from vegetarian times, july/aug 2011
Reviewed on August 11, 2011 18:21 - by Kahlua4me
Loved this one! Not only did it taste delicious, but it looked like it was made by a professional. This is going to be a big hit at my next Bunco!
Reviewed on August 10, 2011 11:01 - by Kevin
Fun to make, even better to eat. The cake grills quick - be on your toes.
Reviewed on August 08, 2011 14:22 - by Ren
I like how light and delicately sweet in flavor this was to eat, and it looked sort of fancy even though it was easy to prepare. I will make this again. I think a delicious ripe peach is the key here.