Photo by: Carriepeter2005
Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad for Salmon
|Posted By:||Carriepeter2005||on 2012-08-21 15:06:19|
Great sauce for over salmon
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 cup(s) sliced red onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream *
- 3 Tbsp. mayo
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh dill
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- some pepper (to taste)
Notes* add 2 tbsp
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then scrape out the seeds and watery center using a teaspoon.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices and place in a colander with the red onions. Toss with the salt and let drain in the sink for at least 30 minutes. Don't skip this step or your salad will be very watery.
- Tap it on the base of the sink to release any excess water and then pat dry with paper towels.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by combining the sour cream, mayo, white wine vinegar, garlic, dill, sugar and black pepper.
- Combine the dressing with the drained cucumbers and red onions and chill until ready to eat.
No reviews found!