Photo by: KristyL
Buffalo Mac & Cheese
|Posted By:||KristyL||on 2011-07-20 20:03:32|
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup(s) Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 cup(s) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese *
- 2/3 cup(s) sour cream
- blue cheese crumbles - dairy
Notes* (or 24 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard with a wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half, then add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheese, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
- Mix together chicken, pasta and cheese sauce. Pour into lightly greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle blue cheese or Gorgonzola over the macaroni. Bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with some wing sauce for color.
- Recipe adapted from a recipe found at plainchicken.com.
No reviews found!