Crock Pot Beef Stew
|Posted By:||maranatha7||on 2011-02-17 19:09:23|
Brown floured stew meat in oil. Mix seasoning in water. Cook on high then simmer until meat is tender, about 90 minutes. Cut up vegetables, mix into pot. Cook an hour or until vegetables are tender. Makes 8 servings of 268 calories each.
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat, raw
- 5 medium diced carrot sticks
- 4 medium peeled & diced red potatoes
- 1/2 envelope Lipton-Recipe Secrets - Beefy Onion-Dry Soup Mix
- 1 envelope beef stew seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cup(s) water
- Lightly coat cubed stew beef with 1/4 cup flour. Brown in 2 tbsp. vegetable oil.
- Stir in 3 cups water and 1 package Beef Stew Seasoning Mix.
- Stir in 1 cup water and 1/2 envelope Beefy Onion Soup Mix.
- Boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add vegetables. Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Crock pot is optional way to cook this meal for a longer period of time at lower temperature. Carrots require the most time to tenderize, so cut them small!
- Makes 8 servings of 268 calories each.