|Posted By:||Bellas-Bar||on 2011-02-17 17:08:51|
I consider myself to be somewhat of a salsa aficionado. Okay, I flippin' LOVE a great salsa. Since trying this salsa I quit trying new ones. It just doesn't get any better. So, let's get started!
- 8 medium grilled tomatoes
- optional grilled tomatillos
- 1/4 cup(s) coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 3-4 grilled & seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 3/4+ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- olive oil *
Notes* to brush on tomatoes
- Preheat your grill to 500-550 F.
- Remove stems from tomatoes, cut tomatoes in half, and brush with olive oil. Grill tomatoes for about 10 minutes.
- As the tomatoes are grilling, remove most of the seeds from the jalapenos and when the tomatoes have been grilling for about 10 minutes add the jalapenos. Grill the tomatoes and jalapenos together for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and jalapenos from the grill, and put them on a plate to cool. When they have cooled remove most of the skin from the tomatoes and put them in your food processor. Remove the stems from the jalapenos and add them to the food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and puree until it reaches a relatively smooth consistency (about 10-15 seconds).
- Pour salsa into a covered glass bowl and refrigerate over night.
- Enjoy with warmed tortilla chips.