Photo by: My4Dragonflies
Quick Chicken Stir-Fry
|Posted By:||My4Dragonflies||on 2011-02-16 12:54:06|
Fresh veggies that would work well are broccoli florets, sliced carrots, sliced celery and green onions cut into 1-inch pieces or green or red pepper strips.
Calories: 264, Fat: 2g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 16g, Sodium: 986mg (using the main ingredients - not counted for Notes (added) Ingredients)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth, fat free, low sodium *
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 cup(s) chopped fresh vegetables **
- 2 4.5 oz. cans drained Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water ***
- 1 cup(s) unprepared long grain rice ****
Notes* or chicken stock
** or frozen stir fry pkg
*** or 4 chicken breasts cooked/boiled
**** or brown rice
- NOTE: The regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions = about 3 cups.
- Stir the cornstarch, 1 cup of the broth, soy sauce and ginger in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the vegetables and remaining broth in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the chicken and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the chicken mixture over the rice. Recipe & pic adapted from CampbellsKitchen.com
Reviewed on August 30, 2012 19:28 - by ksarment
I tried this recipe tonight for the first time and it turned out pretty good. Instead of using canned chicken I lightly oiled a pan and cut two chicken breasts into small cubes, then after cooking the chicken I added the veggies right in with the meat along with the chicken stock. It was super easy/quick.
Reviewed on May 13, 2011 07:05 - by evilelvis13
This was very tasty and so easy. I loved it!