Photo by: MaggieC
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
|Posted By:||chaosnj||on 2011-06-24 11:42:17|
Tilapia with a creamy parm cheese coating!
- 2 lb. tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) softenend butter
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. basil - dried
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried celery salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
Reviewed on November 20, 2013 20:25 - by tevans9973
It was delicious. My son said it was the best meal that he's had in a while. (Not sure what that says about my cooking.) I didn't use the butter to cut back on the fat, and it was still delicious.
Reviewed on June 26, 2012 17:39 - by girl920
Oh wow this was very yummy! I love tilapia fixed any way, but my little boys don't always, so I tried this with them in mind. My boys, ages 4 & 2, gobbled up several servings quickly, and my husband enjoyed it immensely also, even forgoing his usual tartar sauce and asking me to make it again tomorrow! Big hit - thanks!! Btw, I used shredded parmesan (not grated), since it doesn't specify, and I cut butter back to 1 Tbsp, and it was more than enough.
Reviewed on August 19, 2011 05:42 - by ajmora
My husband and I had this last night and absolutely loved it!! He said, "don't get rid of that recipe, we're gonna have that again!" Thanks!
Reviewed on July 28, 2011 04:45 - by ginagia
Easy, great instructions. This took literally 10 min start to finish. It was delicious.