Photo by: Karen
Guacamole & Fresh Tortilla Chips
|Posted By:||kbyrnes0303||on 2011-02-04 09:23:48|
- 18 white corn tortilla(s)
- canola oil
- 6 tsp. finely chopped onion
- 6 finely chopped serrano chile peppers
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 peeled avocados
- 1 large finely chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
To make the tortilla chips:
- Stack the tortillas and cut 4-6 wedges. Spread out in a single layer and let dry for a few hours. Cover with a heavy kitchen towel to keep from curling.
- Place a baking sheet into a 250 degree oven.
- Poor oil into a deep fry pan up to about 1 inch. Heat until wedges cook quickly, crisping up. Cook a few at a time tossing with a slotted spoon until crisp light golden (about 30 seconds) Don't let them get brown or they will be bitter. When you remove them, drain on paper towel then place in the oven on the baking sheet so they stay warm until they are all done. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
To make the guacamole:
- toss the onions (leave a few for garnish), chiles and garlic and mash to a paste. Add avocado and mash to a smooth consistency. Add tomatoes and cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper. Let stand for a few minutes then sprinkle with a little left over onion and tomatoes.
No reviews found!