Margarita Grilled Shrimp
|Posted By:||Flake||on 2011-06-10 11:24:08|
The shrimp can be marinated up to 3 hours before grilling. The amount of red pepper used can be adjusted according to how hot you like it. The marinade is also great on chicken.
- 2 lb (907g) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp tequila
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (soaked in water) 8 skewers
- Combine the shrimp, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, tequila, cilantro, red pepper, and salt in a bowl; toss to combine; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Drain the marinade from the shrimp and discard; thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Cook on preheated grill until the shrimp turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side.