Coctel de Camarones
|Posted By:||smansfield1||on 2011-05-27 12:28:41|
This classic Mexican shrimp cocktail is usually served as a starter, but makes a quick, refreshing main dish on a busy night. You can eat it immediately or chill it for up to 4 hours if you prefer it colder. Serving suggestion: with warm corn tortillas or cheese quesadillas and your favorite hot sauce. Yum!
- 1 lb. tails removed cooked small shrimp
- 1 1/2 cup(s) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1 diced ripe avocado
- 1 1/2 cup(s) V-8 juice *
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
Notes* regular or spicy
- Combine shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, V8 juice, lime juice, pepper, salt and cilantro in a large bowl. Serve at room temperature or chilled, with lime wedges.
- Nutrition Info,Per serving: 260 calories; 10 g fat ( 1 g sat , 5 g mono ); 230 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 31 g protein; 5 g fiber; 658 mg sodium; 1025 mg potassium.
4, 1.5 cup