Photo by: mpaedu
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
|Posted By:||mpaedu||on 2012-01-30 13:22:46|
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 4 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup(s) flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 can(s) pineapple rings
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and turn mixer back on for 2 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
- Place a pineapple ring in the bottom of each jumbo muffin tin. Add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple. Spoon over a layer of the warm brown sugar mixture. Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. If you are using regular muffin tins, you will need to cut down the rings to fit or just use pineapple tidbits
- Bake jumbo cakes for 25 minutes. Bake regular cakes for 20 minutes. This is the hard part...waiting for warm cakes to finish baking.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cake to help loosen in case it sticks a little. Place a wire cooling rack on top, and quickly flip over.
No reviews found!