Photo by: FamilyFeedbag
Coconut Curry Chicken and Rice
|Posted By:||FamilyFeedbag||on 2011-05-26 20:02:30|
Tender chicken and nutty brown rice baked in a silky coconut curry sauce.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) long grain brown rice
- 1 cup(s) diced onion
- 1 cup(s) sliced red pepper
- 1, 13.5 oz. can coconut milk *
- 1 can(s) water **
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger root
- 1 1/2 lb. skinless chicken thighs
Notes* 400 ml/13.5 fl oz
** 400 ml/13.5 fl oz
- While the oven preheats to 350 degrees (F), sprinkle the rice evenly in the bottom of a large ceramic casserole dish (at least 3.5 quarts). Layer the onion and red pepper on top of the rice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, water, curry powder, coriander, turmeric, and ginger. Pour about 3/4 of the mixture over the rice and vegetables. Place the chicken thighs in an even layer on top of the whole thing and pour the remainder of the sauce over the chicken. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed and chicken cooked through.
Reviewed on January 08, 2012 17:48 - by nancy21780
simple and authentic dish. we like our food spicy so I doubled the spice and added some salt and pepper. Delicous!