Scallops in Buttery Wine Sauce
|Posted By:||mreisinger||on 2011-05-21 10:58:45|
- 1 1/2 lb. large sea scallops
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
Note: Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture before searing. This step ensures a nicely browned exterior.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add scallops. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer scallops to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Add white wine, tarragon, and salt to pan, scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Pour sauce over scallops. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired; serve immediately.